1. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day. We know your time is valuable, but, finding at least 30 minutes a day to exercise can not only boost your energy, but help you burn off up to 20% of your daily calories! Of course, calorie burning is great for burning off your extra fat.
2. Take more Vitamin D. Vitamin D has been known to boost Leptin, the hormone in your body that can signal the full feeling. Experts recommend taking at least 1,000 IUs of Vitamin D a day and studies have shown that those who take Vitamin D lose more weight than those who don’t.
3. Just say NO. This may seem like a silly strategy, but the better you are at going against the crowd, the easier it will be to say no to that dessert after dinner. Don’t give in to social pressure, no matter how much your friends urge you to join in.
4. Do not indulge. This one is a hard one. As humans we crave balance. Many times after a day of non-indulgence (eating healthy, going to the gym, etc.) we use this as an excuse to balance out our lives by splurging on the bad stuff. Remind yourself of the last time you splurged and how you felt afterwards.
5. Chew slowly. Eating and chewing slowly gives your brain time to register that you are full. Scientists also warn to stop just before you feel full, this will also allow your brain a little extra time to register, so that you don’t overeat.
6. Eat smaller portions of healthy food throughout the day. This will balance blood sugar levels and prevent cravings throughout the day. Those who indulge in sweets are often addicted because sugar releases “feel good” chemicals in the brain. Stick to the healthy foods, in smaller portions, eaten regularly and you will be sure to see great results.
7. Get outdoors. Being in nature is not only a good way to lose weight but, it is also healthy for your soul. A recent study found that those who live close to Mother Nature and spend time outdoors are healthier in both mind and body.
8. Get up and move. We all know that sitting and staring at a screen for eight hours a day can quickly lead to weight gain and sluggishness. An easy way to not get into this rut is to take a five minute break every hour to stand, walk around or do something a little more active.
9. Drink Green Tea. There is a substance called EGCG in Green Tea that is known to aid weight loss. It provides lots of healthy benefits without the negative side effects that come with weight loss pills, drinks and other forms of “easy” weight loss. Experts recommend 3-5 cups a day to help with fat burning and therefore weight loss.
10. Clean out the kitchen. It is easier to lose weight without temptation sitting inside your pantry. Without temptation, you won’t have a chance to give in.
11. Combine cardio. The argument exists for both high-intensity interval training and steady, long lasting cardio. Even though both of these options will help you lose weight, doing both will increase your ability to lose that stubborn fat and keep your metabolism working at a higher rate for an increased amount of time.
12. Get more sleep. Sound sleep, eight hours is recommended helps to prevent fatigue disguised as hunger, and keeps you focused on your efforts.
13. Try Yoga. Yoga is a great way to reduce stress. When your body is less stressed, it will burn fat more quickly and efficiently. Taking time for yourself to relax and breathe is perhaps one of the most underrated ways to lose weight and burn fat.
14. Drink Water! Water is one of the most essential ingredients to healthy living. Our bodies contain a lot of water and water contains many of the nutrients your body needs. Additionally, if you drink one cup of water before each meal you will be less hungry and consume less calories at each meal.
15. Eat one ingredient foods. Fresh, and natural whole foods are the best way to go. The less ingredients in a product, the healthier it is for you. Eating meals with more natural ingredients is a great way to lose weight and become a healthier version of yourself.
16. Try a carb-load day. Just because you are eating a healthy, low carb diet doesn’t mean you are losing weight. You need to have at least one day every week or two weeks where you do a carb-load because low-carb diets tend to backfire after a certain period of time. Your body needs additional carbs to continue to burn fat and to fuel intensive workouts.
17. It’s okay to indulge – occasionally. It will be hard to cut the crap all together. Don’t get discouraged when you slip-up. It is okay to eat the bad stuff, occasionally, it will allow you be more motivated to lose. Just don’t slip back into your old habits and success is imminent.
18. Cut soda and alcohol. Many people tend to drink away their calories. Those who cut back on the alcohol consumption, as well as, soft drinks will see the pounds literally melt away.
19. Target the burn. At the end of each workout, ramp it up. Push the muscle burn to the max, so that you can get the most out of the workout.
20. Don’t get greedy. Experts state that if you lose more than three pounds per week, a good portion of that weight loss is probably water or muscle. Try to stick to a calorie plan that allows you to lose two pounds per week.
21. Use “good” meal replacement bars. Some meal replacement bars are just “healthier” candy bars that do not help weight loss. Choose those that are high in protein, and low in sugar and calories. Atkins bars are a good option as they contain zero sugar.
22. Rotate foods to avoid allergic reactions and provide variety. Variety of foods in a weight loss diet is essential to keep motivated.
23. Increase your green veggie intake. Green vegetables are important. Eating more green vegetables will ensure you are consuming enough vitamins, minerals, healthy proteins and fiber.
24. Do not under eat. Under eating will increase your chances of weight gain, because the body will go into emergency starvation mode where it hoards fat. Calculate the calorie deficit you need to lose 1 or 2 pounds per week, and workout.
25. Eat breakfast, but, don’t use it as your cheat meal. Because breakfast is important to set the tone for the day, don’t cheat on this meal. Eat a healthy breakfast and your day will be off to a good start. In fact, studies show that those who eat breakfast weigh less than those who don’t.
Remember it is all about attitude and you will be on the track for success.